Re: The Way Ahead

Jun 04, 1997 06:00 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 05:11 AM 6/4/97 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 30 May 1997 15:02:47 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:
>

>>For example, TSA does have a homepage. Some ordinary individuals had home
>>pages long before TSA had one. What you now have is a relatively static one
>>with very few links to anywhere else. Also do we have a global strategy to
>>utilize Internet for communication?. Officially TSA has a single e-mail
>>address. Have you seen any e-mail addresses of any of the National Officers?
>>(At least I have not seen anything officially published.) How many times
>>have anyone seen any National Officers on this (unofficial) list or any
>>other list or Usenet newsgroup discussing issues relating to Theosophy even
>>though it costs nothing to subscribe to this or any other list or use Usenet
>>groups. Is there a plan to get every National Officer on e-mail? Is there a
>>plan to get all key staff at Olcott with individual addresses? Is there a
>>plan to induce and educate all the lodges and study centers to get on
>>e-mail? Is there a plan to educate all lodges and study centers on the
>>advantages of Internet so that everyone can start using their creativity and
>>use this new medium for propagating Theosophy? Is there a plan to collect
>>e-mail address of our members so that communications can be sent quickly and
>>at almost no cost? At least I have not seen any. Any and all of these can
>>lead to instantaneous communications cutting across the formal lines of
>>communication.
>
>We are just beginning to get the NZ theos-l resurrected and the
>National President is agreeable to providing a weekly discussion topic
>and other key members who have much knowledge to share have also
>agreed to participate. So far I have the e-mail addresses of 15
>members throughout NZ and HQ is communicating with them when ever we
>need to get in touch with a Branch President or otherwise exchange
>info. Once we get going we hope to put this avenue of communication in
>the Sept issue of the official NZ Theosophy Magazine and thereby
>interest some of the members-at-large who belong to HQ and not any
>Branch as they do not live near one. anyway it will be interesting to
>see what happens.
>So for what it is worth, NZ is using e-mail at the HQ level and we
>find it quicker to contact overseas people if they are on e-mail too.
>I think you are all aware that I now work at the TS HQ as office
>secretary.
>Kind regards to you all
>Bee
>>

>>So it looks like we have a long way to go and hope we have enough time so
>>that we do not miss the boat.
>>
>>YMDMV

>Member Theosophy NZ, T.I.
>Life is not a problem to be solved;
>it is a mystery to be lived.

Hi, Bee:

It is very nice to hear that NZ TS is leading the way to the rest of the
world in the use of Internet/e-mail. I am sure that every section in the
world can benefit from your experience and your implementation may become a
model for others to follow. Please keep all of us informed of your progress.

With regards,       ...............doss