Providence Arriving, but...

May 31, 1997 06:06 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:

> Slightly at a tangent, but I have found in the past that whenever I
> needed (not wanted) to get some esoteric or spiritual work done, the
> means to do so always, always arrived, even to the physical supply of
> very scarce books, some of which are still on my shelves.  I have heard
> of this happening to a number of people, and there is little doubt in my
> mind that there is some kind of providence, divine or otherwise, that
> assists us in our serious work.
>
> Sometimes it throws in a vacation ...

	And sometimes...

	Once there was a religious man. His town was flooded. A bus had come to
evacuate the town, but the man said, "Don't worry. God will save me."

	Then the water was higher. A boat came by to pick him up. "Don't
worry", said the man. "God will save me".

	Then the water was up to the top of the houses. The man sat on a roof,
when a helicopter went by to pick him up. "Don't worry", said the man,
"God will save me".

	Then the water came even higher, and the man drowned. He went to
heaven, and met God. "Why didn't you save me?", asked the man.

	"Who do you think sent the bus, the boat, and the helicopter?", asked
God.

	Bart Lidofsky