Re: The Price of Truth

May 28, 1997 04:31 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

Gerald Schueler wrote:
> Example:  We have had NFCs (Norweign Forest Cats)
> that were not selling well for some reason.  We raised
> the price, and they were sold almost immediately.  It
> is also a fact of life that the people who complain about
> their cats the most are those who paid the lowest prices.
> Those who have paid the highest prices have never
> complained.

	That is the experience we had with our public classes at the NYTS. We
were charging largely token amounts for high-quality classes, and nobody
was showing up. When we raised our fees to 2/3 to 3/4 of the market
rate, attendence shot up. Without these classes, we would be operating
in the red; with them, we are breaking even (note, however, that
Theosophical classes are still free, or with a low fee that is for all
intents and purposes voluntary).

	Bart Lidofsky