Re: Charging Money

May 26, 1997 03:13 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 11:52 AM 5/26/97 -0400, Bart Lidofsky wrote:
>M K Ramadoss wrote:
>>
>> At 01:41 AM 5/26/97 -0400, JRC wrote:
>> >Wow. Sure are some *very* bizarre economic theories being postulated on
>> >this list. Sure glad the Adepts and HPB apparently looked upon the poor a
>> >bit more kindly.
>> >                                                               -JRC
>>
>>   HPB wanted the poor to be fed on her death anniversary. And while she did
>> not charge for anyone who came to her and met and discussed.
>
>	She also smoked and ate meat.

        It does not bother me. What counts is what she gave all of us.

>	Sometimes, in order to benefit humanity, you might do some things,
>which, if viewed in a vacuum, might not benefit humanity. Luckily, we do
>not live in a vacuum, and can look at the totality of things, and not
>look at any one issue as a litmus test. For example, would you say that
>if someone is not a member of the E.S., then they are not a good
>Theosophist?

         I don't think anyone can judge anyone else whether they are a good
or not a good Theosophist. Personally I don't judge.

        Personally to me it matters very little whether someone is a member
of E.S. or not so long as an E.S. member does not boast as having some some
superior or special connection or special status or previlege spiritually or
otherwise.

         ......doss