Re: E-Lodge and admissions.

May 24, 1997 09:45 AM
by Bart Lidofsky

Jaqtarin Samantha Triele wrote:

> I seem to remember that a long time ago there was a Theosophy Lodge
> Online.  There was no admission fee, and the person running it had several
> excerpts from authors such as Judge, Blavatsky, etc.  All of the links to
> that site now come up empty.  Does anyone know what happened to it?
>
> (I'm thinking it may have closed due to lack of funding...I remember
> there being quite a few users online there.)

	I was one of the first people on the board. It was a PCBoard BBS with
an Internet hookup (you telnet'ed into theosophy.org, and then it was
like any other PCBoard BBS). I chatted with the sysop, and he was a
ULT'er who decided that he didn't like the lack of discussion, so he was
going for a middle ground between the ULT and the TS.

	The telnet line is still up, but no longer a PCBoard interface, so I
don't know how to type in my name and password anymore.
www.theosophy.org is up, but I think they may have sold the site to
another group.

	Bart Lidofsky