Re: K. and Jesus

May 21, 1997 05:34 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 07:51 PM 5/21/97 -0400, K. Paul Johnson wrote:
>Today's message from Krishmamurti dovetailed with my current
>reading, which is The Lost Gospel, by Burton Mack.  It examines
>the evidence for various layers of composition in Q, the lost
>gospel which is the basis for the synoptics, John, and Thomas.
>Mack concludes that the fundamental message of the historical
>Jesus was one of nonconformity to social norms, the need to
>question everything, the possibility of coming to one's own
>direct apprehension of truth.  All the other stuff--
>apocalyptic expectations, claims to special relationship with
>God, etc.-- came later.  This makes K.'s 20th century message
>all the more relevant, since it seems to echo what the
>historical Jesus had to say 200 years ago.
>
>Thanks again, Doss.
>
>Cheers,
>Paul

Hi, Paul:

Thanks for your feedback.

Simple and direct approach to issues and problems appeals to me. And again
the fundamental issue is one of not taking anything for granted. Questioning
everything and coming to ones own conclusions. After all it is very easy to
be a follower and it is far more difficult to be creative and original.

I think that K has been trying to reiterate the famous maxim "Man/Woman Know
Thyself".

......doss