I really shouldn't comment

May 20, 1997 01:04 PM
by JOSEPH PRICE

>From what I have seen, many  organizations have been very slow
in effectively using the new tool of communication. For example, recently I
inquired our TSA Board of Directors (individual Directors) as to if any of
them have e-mail address. One responded saying no and rest have not
responded. It looks like they still do not understand or appreciate the
usefulness of e-mail as a tool of communication. Of course with the quick
communication tool, you lose the slack that is available in the snail mail,
which is sometimes an advantage when you want to drag your feet.

Keith:

I have been refused entrance to Krotona, now probably forever.  So what the
heck.

But it has been my experience:

that some people have the ear of the TSA.  These are not the common crowd, but
the names like Jean Houston, Ken Wilber etc.

Thus perhaps justly so and in a somewhat self-satisfied manner the TSA has
become:

1. heirciarchical
2. elitist.
3. fearful of losing the support of the Kern Foundation
4. taken on the personality of several key figure who want to revel in the
glories of the past
5.  There are exception like the QUEST and other things, but the "new" blood
that is desired is usally rich, concervative, very worshipful of HPB without
really having read her!, and in generally not rocking the boat or getting any
more bad publicity after the theosophical overtones of groups like THE SOLAR
TEMPLE, HEAVEN"S GATE and so on.
6.  Blavatsky is not quoted in serious scholarship so Ken Wilber who
practically restates her, but  never gives her the least credit.

Right now, I feel some have settled on Krishnamurti, or Annie Bessant as a
substitute guru and very safe since they are dead.

By the way, its seems that most great teachers of the past suffered and took
on the karma on their community i.e. socrates (hemlock), Christ
(crucifiction), Krishnamurti (painful cancer).

Like I said, I really shouldn't comment
Namaste
Keith