Re: Flesh and Blood of Christ (Communion)

May 19, 1997 07:29 PM
by Jaqtarin Samantha Triele

On Mon, 19 May 1997 kymsmith@micron.net wrote:

> Jaqi. wrote:
>
> >With regards to the conversion, I remember her saying that the idea of God
> >didn't seem quite right.  That there were too many contradictions in what
> >she was being taught and she didn't feel comfortable with the patriarchy.
>
> >. . .I suppose that ultimately she found that Islam came closest to what
> she >perceived as being true.  So the transition was not immediate.  She did
> not decide >suddenly that she wanted to be a Muslim.  It was after a lot of
> research and study.
>

> Ok, let's see. . .she found Christianity too patriarchal. . .so she
> converted to Islam.
>

> Hmmmm. . .
> Kym

As I said, "came the closest".  But your remark is funny.  I think her
reason for conversion had more to do with the overall philosophy, not the
tradition.  She didn't leave Christianity just because of the patriarchy.
That was probably only one of the many things she did not agree with.  I
don't know whether or not she is living in America or Europe, but if she
is, I doubt that the traditions of Islam have much effect on her.  It is
the philosophy that counts, really.

btw, it's good to hear from you again.  I heard your "pen" has been light
lately.  Perhaps you and I can start irritating everyone with our "sex
battles" once again....*laugh*

---
Jaqi.