Re: Naming names

May 03, 1997 10:57 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 11:21 PM 4/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:
>>
>> In message <335D609C.4A78@sprynet.com>, Bart Lidofsky
>> <bartl@sprynet.com> writes
>> >
>> >       Now here's the thing. The way I work is that, if I knew the name
of the
>> >person, I would directly ask him or her what the story was.
>>
>> A very good point. Doss has mentioned this many times on the list, but
>> although asked directly, seems unwilling to name the person whose
>> identity is so strongly hinted at.  Well, Doss???
>
>	I asked Michael Gomes about it. I will get the actual names when he can
>look up the proper spelling, but according to him, the situation was
>largely Krishnamurti vs. his business partner. The person who was
>involved with both trusts was not a trustee but in fact a lawyer, who
>was hired because of his familiarity with Theosophy. Finally, millions
>of dollars sounds like a lot of money, but remember that Krishnamurti
>was a BILLIONaire.
>
>	Bart Lidofsky

        I did some research. The key person involved in the Trusts was D.
Rajagopal. He was the President (and I believe in total control of) the
Krishnamurti Writings Inc., K&R Foundation, and AB Trust -- all the three
are charitable tax exempt trusts.

        Rajagopal was one of the "finds" of CWL (from India) who was said to
be St. Bernard of Clairvaux and had a still more wonderful future -- he was
to be a Buddha probably succeeding Krishnamurti on Mercury. Soon after CWL
found him he was put on Probation according to CWL. Also he was announced as
one of the 12 Apostles for the Coming World Teacher.

        Rajagopal was sent to Cambridge for education (TS or Order of the
Star of East paid his expenses) and was admitted to the Bar. Later he went
to Ojai to help Krishnaji in administrative matters and was his business
manager. I do not think Krishnaji ever had a business partner, to the best
of my knowledge.

MKR