Re: Definitions

Apr 24, 1997 02:43 PM
by M K Ramadoss

>TELECRASTINATION (tel e kras tin ay' shun) n.  The act of always letting
>the phone ring at least twice before you pick it up, even when you're only
>six inches away.

This is necessary if you have caller id.
The caller id number/name is transmitted
between the first and second ring.
In my office, which has a fax switch,
it has been programmed to pickup the
call on the third ring. Once it picks up
the call, the switch automatically rings
either the regular phone or the fax machine.
For me at least this is something I have to
live with.

mkr