Re: clarifying some probable mistake

Apr 15, 1997 11:01 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 01:30 AM 4/16/97 -0400, Tom Robertson wrote:
>>When you say Brotherhood/Sisterhood, it is most inclusive and by any
>stretch of imagination or logic you could not exclude any one for any
>reason. When you start excluding any one for any reason, it is the root
>cause of much of mischief and horror the world has seen for how ever many
>centuries we can count.
>>
>>I would not have anything to do with any group which excludes anyone.
>>
>>M K Ramadoss
>
>For me, it depends on the reason for the exclusion.  All groups have definition
>and purpose, which means that they all exclude those who are incompatible with
>their definition and purpose.  A table tennis club excludes people who aren't
>interested in table tennis.  A group which says it puts brotherhood first
>excludes those who put any kind of selfish agenda ahead of brotherhood.  But
>including all who put brotherhood first does not mean that the unequal
>development of its members should not be recognized.  Competition and the
making
>of comparisons are necessary for growth.

Let me try to clarify the simple point of view I have. I try to look at and
deal with or treat everyone as a human being. To me that is the practical
application of Brotherhood/Sisterhood. This approach has been very helful in
many situations when I have to deal with others. May be I am trying a too
simplistic approach. But after all I am still a novice in these things.

mkr