Re: clarifying some probable mistake

Apr 15, 1997 07:31 PM
by Tom Robertson

Bart wrote:

>	I have stated before that Clara Codd was a racist. Blacks, Native
>Americans, Australian Aborigines, etc. are all members of the 5th root
>race. Otherwise, the 1st object becomes, "To form a nucleus of the
>Brotherhood of humanity, with some humans being more human than others."

>From what I recall, Annie Besant believed that these people, or at least a
higher proportion of them than in other groups of people, were remnants of the
4th root race, as their slower development than other cultures would imply.  I
don't see the relevance to the 1st object of describing the remnants of the 4th
root race as being less human than are members of the 5th root race.  That some
humans are less developed than others is no reason to exclude them from
brotherhood.