Cloning

Mar 28, 1997 10:40 AM
by Thoa Tran

Richard,

A couple of nights ago, I had an intense discussion with a genetic
researcher in one of my martial arts classes.  Of course, his stance is all
on the side of science.  Even the idea of growing a human clone for body
parts is not objectionable to him, just extremely useful.  To him, as long
as its consciousness was prevented from developing, it should not matter.
He did not consider that some things are SACRED, SACRED, SACRED (this should
give you butt pimples, Chuck), and that there are ETHICAL, EMOTIONAL, and
religious factors to consider.  Nuf said on my part, although I would be
curious as to what others have to say.  BTW, Richard, as a man, you're
always thinking with your balls (monad balls) :o).

Thoa