For All You Geeks Out There
Mar 21, 1997 05:08 PM
by Thoa Tran
Top signs of net addiction
1. You wake up at 3 a.m. to go to the bathroom and stop to check your e-mail
on the way back to bed.
2. You get a tattoo that reads "This body best viewed with Netscape
Navigator 2.0 or higher."
3. You name your children Eudora, Mozilla, Netscape and Dotcom.
4. You turn off your modem and get this awful empty feeling, like you just
pulled the plug on a loved one.
5. You spend half of the plane trip with your laptop on your lap...and your
child in the overhead compartment.
6. You decide to stay in college for an additional year or two, just for the
free Internet access.
7. You laugh at people with 2400-baud modems.
8. You start using smileys in your snail mail.
9. Your hard drive crashes. You haven't logged in for two hours. You start
to twitch. You pick up the phone and manually dial your ISP's access number.
You try to hum to communicate with the modem. And you succeed.
[Back to Top]
Dedicated to the Theosophical Philosophy and its Practical Application