Re: To C. Kent

Feb 24, 1997 06:21 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 08:50 AM 2/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
>----------
>> From: C Kent <cmkent@ozemail.com.au>
>>
>> As a natural vegetarian, and believing at the time that vegetarianism was a
>> superior way,  I struggled to find which food supplements would work to
>> replace the meat.  I experimented which just about everything until I
>> finally reconciled to my meat eating status when I discovered that the Dalai
>> Lama eats meat. ;-)  What's good enough for him is good enough for me, I
>> decided.  So whilst the ES was tempting in my early days, it was
>> inaccessible.  Now I think that this was perhaps a good thing.
>
>My husband and I did a lot experimenting with vegetarian diets in the
>70's and had to come to the conclusion that it wasn't for us.  I have
>friends that are both vegetarian and non, some in the same family, so it
>makes for creative mealtimes, where the entree is meat for the dad and
>kids, while mom has a slice cheese with her veggies.  I think it's great
>if someone can pull that kind of diet off, but I'd just settle for being able
>to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.  I haven't been able to do
>that for over 20 years.
>
>Thanks for the infor about the Dalai Lama.  Yes, I've met some highly
>spiritual meat-eaters in my time, including Stephan Hoeller.

   It is wrong to measure the level of spirituality of anyone from what they
eat. I think the present mind-set of the so called "Leadbeater-Theosophy"
says that you should not do this or that to be spiritual. It is going to be
very difficult to make these people to open up their minds and eyes and
think for themselves and use some god given common sense. It may go a long
way to help them in their daily lives they have to live. Just MHO.

mkr