To C. Kent

Feb 24, 1997 05:34 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

> From: C Kent <cmkent@ozemail.com.au>
>
> As a natural vegetarian, and believing at the time that vegetarianism was a
> superior way,  I struggled to find which food supplements would work to
> replace the meat.  I experimented which just about everything until I
> finally reconciled to my meat eating status when I discovered that the Dalai
> Lama eats meat. ;-)  What's good enough for him is good enough for me, I
> decided.  So whilst the ES was tempting in my early days, it was
> inaccessible.  Now I think that this was perhaps a good thing.

My husband and I did a lot experimenting with vegetarian diets in the
70's and had to come to the conclusion that it wasn't for us.  I have
friends that are both vegetarian and non, some in the same family, so it
makes for creative mealtimes, where the entree is meat for the dad and
kids, while mom has a slice cheese with her veggies.  I think it's great
if someone can pull that kind of diet off, but I'd just settle for being able
to eat whatever I wanted whenever I wanted.  I haven't been able to do
that for over 20 years.

Thanks for the infor about the Dalai Lama.  Yes, I've met some highly
spiritual meat-eaters in my time, including Stephan Hoeller.

> I don't think taste is the issue.  A western lifestyle in a western body is.
> I could happily be a vegetarian ohmm-ing my life away on a mountaintop, but
> put me in the middle of a large city doing a yuppy job in the corporate
> technological world, and watch me go incompetant (and mad) without meat.

Someone once told me that she thought if you were a city-dweller, it was better
to eat meat because it thickened your aura and made you less sensitive to
the different energies of the crowd.

Eileen and Peter Caddy, who founded the Findhorn Community in Scotland,
were not vegetarians when they ran a hotel.  After they left to start Findhorn,
they were directed by angels (devas) to eat only what they grew in their
organic garden, as a vegetarian diet would allow them to be more in contact
with the angelic kingdom.

At some point, Eileen went into surgery and came back to the community to
recuperate.  She wrote of her craving at that time for a good piece of meat,
which she later confided to the person who was taking care of her.  That
person ran to the nearest town and bought her some, which she ate and it
speeded her healing.  Cayce would have said that it was just something she
needed at that time.

-AEB