Re: Outta My Face

Feb 24, 1997 12:07 PM
by Drpsionic

>You'll have to tell me where all the good places are.  I'm tired of
>explaining to
>vegetarians that I have hypoglycemia and need to have some solid protein in
>my
>diet, rather than a lot of carbos.  I'm beginning to think all those years I
>was so
>apologetic about it was a waste of time.  Maybe I should just wave a burger
>in their
>sanctimonious faces and say, "HELL, I JUST LOVE TO EAT MEAT! WHAT'S YOUR
>PROBLEM?"
>
>I've gotten some pretty nasty comments from people, even though they had no
>idea I was on a special diet or why.  They just plowed in and started
>snapping
>at me, like a I was Nazi War criminal.
>
>Well, no more Mrs. Nice Person!  If you don't like my food, get outta my
face
>or
>I'll give you the URL to Cosimano's page!
>
>-AEB

That's the only way to deal with them.  Once you make it real clear you don't
care what they think on the matter they have the choice of staying away from
you or putting up with your way of living.  Usually they do the latter.  I
haven't had the subject of vegetarianism lectured to me in twenty years.

Basically I'm doing a "John Galt" on them.  By not being guilty or trying to
justify my diet to them, I remove any leverage they may have and they know
it.  And since I have no interest in appearing to be "good" or "respectable"
I can get away with it.  I reccommend you do the same.

The gyros place is in the little strip shopping center diagonally south-east
of the Olcott property, it's called Smoke House and it has the best gyros in
the suburbs.  I always run over there during convention, in fact eating there
is one of the high points of convention for me.  And they give you a lot of
meat.

Chuck