Re: THEOS-L digest 922

Feb 24, 1997 06:56 AM
by Lmhem111

<< Eating meat, it is clear, can seriously damage your health.  Lucky ol'
 me has avoided all this by turning veggie about seven years back.  One
 of my better decisions, I think.

 Alan >>

It's true that vegetarianism is a wise choice. Meats, fatty or otherwise, can
cause hardening of the arteries and a buildup of cholesterol. My Jewish
doctor, who's probably never heard of theosophy, encourages the eating of
leafy vegetables and the avoidance of meat, eggs and diary products from the
diet. With a history of high blood pressure, I find that keeping the
cholesterol down is a matter of practical good sense. I've heard it said that
anything dead is toxic, because it is decaying, and therefore unfit for food.
Animals are raised on chemicals to produce abnormal growth and weight.
Illness and sometimes death have resulted in eating meat containing harmful
chemicals from cattle feed. Even flies won't go near the feces of of cattle
that have been loaded up with chemical compounds.

So if one boasts about eating meat to annoy vegetarians, who is it who's
really being harmed in the long run? The vegetarians or the meat eater? Food
for thought.

LunarPitri