Re: John Algeo's letter

Feb 15, 1997 07:06 PM
by M K Ramadoss

At 08:17 AM 2/15/97 -0500, you wrote:
>----------
>> From: Jerry Hejka-Ekins <jhe@toto.csustan.edu>
>>
>> Level 5 concerns considerations of the greater good.  Well, here
>> we have room for all kinds of discussion.  One might believe that
>> publishing the letter would enlighten the theos-l audience as to
>> the nature of TSA politics, and help to bring about some reforms.
>> But one would also have to consider the possible consequences and
>> damage that might come from such an act.
>>
>If the letter, or any piece of information, was published on
>on theos-l, there is the question of whether it was worth the effort.
>That is because there are a grand total of 128 people subscribed to
>theos-l, at the last count.  And some of these may not be sympathetic
>to your cause.
>
>If your aim is exposing someone or revealing the truth, then these
>128 or so people would have to pass it on to their friends, lodges and
>study groups, who would then take it up with others.  That is, if they
>even are members of any or even belong to TS!  You would have to
>form a network beyojnd the Internet to truly make a difference.
>
>-AEB

Great things have been achieved not because of masses. It is because of a
few dedicated, unselfish, enthusiastic, well motivated individuals and due
their persistence and self confidence in their mission.

Again, as John mentioned, the information is spreading beyond the 128
individuals. In addition, the readership in theos-l is going to increase as
more and more younger generation well versed in Internet get interested in
it. This is going to take place and how fast I cannot predict. In addition
there is feverish activity going on in creating the network computer and as
soon as this becomes a reality, your will see mushrooming of access to
Internet. Just by word of mouth, the availability of theos-l will spread and
I expect a lot of members and newbees and interested individuals are going
to read the traffic here. Once this gets started, no one will be able
control or censor or stop it.

Who knows this may be the tool for regeneration of TS for the next
millenium, and the Real Founders may be working on it unknown to us. They
may want it to be a truly philanthropic organization and not just a
recruiting ground for the sheepish followers.

As an optimist, I am looking forward to challenging and glorious years ahead.

MKR