Re: Triangle/Tripod

Feb 12, 1997 05:56 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

> From: ramadoss@eden.com
>
> ======================
>
>         Leadbeater's final attempt to achieve his desired effect of merging
> the idea of a community of young people with ceremonial work came in his
> last group of pupils. These were all girls, from the Dutch East Indies,
> chosen by Leadbeater during one of his visits to Java. The girls were sent
> to The Manor by their parents, willingly or otherwise, in 1927-8, and
> remained there with Leadbeater  until he moved to settle permanently at
> Adyar early in 1929. They were known as 'The Seven Virgins of Java', and
> were related in Leadbeater's scheme of things both to the World Mother, Who
> would manifest Her special force through them, to the powers behind the
> Liberal Catholic Church and Co-Masonry, and to the still-surviving idea of
> the World Teacher.

Thanks for posting this.  I'd never heard of it before and it was fascinating reading.

As for the World Mother, the LCC services have a few brief references to her.
There can be a ritual done after the service to "Our Lady".  There can be a
statue or picture, from any religion, of the Blessed Virgin and candles are lit.
A two-paragraph/two minute adoration is recited, then the candles are
extinguished.  It is very brief and one gets the sense it is an afterthought.
I've never gotten much out of it and IMHO, I think the World Mother has
turned the bulk of her attention elsewhere.

There is much more powerful and longer ritual to the WM in the form of
a rosary, but I believe that was developed not by CWL, but by Rev.
Lloyd Worley of the LCC sometime in the 1970's.

-AEB

.