Re: THEOS-L digest 899

Feb 11, 1997 02:46 PM
by C Kent

MKD wrote
>Some years ago the Charter of Canadian Section was cancelled.

Thanks for this information on the Canadian Section.  I am very curious
about this situation because of the outcome of it at my Lodge.  The story we
hear is that the Canadian section and some country in Europe (Belgium or
Denmark - not sure which ) have been taken over by the Shantara Group
(spelling unknown).

This has been used as a big stick for many years of changes to our
constitution which has resulted in us having a constitution which
effectively creates and supports a closed shop. At each AGM we have more
rules changes making the constitution more and more complex and
disenfranchinsing members more and more, and if anyone speaks against these
changes, the big bogey of a "takeover" is raised and the changes are
promptly voted in.

So, I would very much like to have as much knowledge of this as possible so
that I can counteract the fear mongering.  Does anyone know the "human" side
of this (and the European  situation) other than the facts as presented in
the article?

Christine