Re: Pope of the LCC

Feb 02, 1997 03:16 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <970201201958_1512542818@emout08.mail.aol.com>,
Drpsionic@aol.com writes
>Ann will undoubtedly correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I recall hearing
>that the break-away LCC group does ordain women.

I was on the agenda in the UK, but I don't know if they adopted it.

I believe at least one schismatic LCC group (there are a number) may now
ordain women.  These are likely to be of a gnostic flavor.

My own schismatic branch (ICC in England) decided to open the ranks of
the clergy to women circa 1988, but no women were forthcoming, and the
small chapel was closed down in 1990 or 1991 when I gave up the whole
"catholic" bit.

Maybe we could start a church of the hairless purple bunnies?

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
E-mail: TINT@nellie2.demon.co.uk