Re: THEOS-L partial digest 864

Jan 29, 1997 05:22 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: theos-l@vnet.net
>
> Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:13:37 -0800
> From: Jerry Hejka-Ekins <jhe@toto.csustan.edu>
>
> I think it is important for members who are dedicated to the
> *original ideals* of this organization to be aware of its
> history.  Once they are aware, they need to realize that the
> beliefs and ideals of 1925 still form the hidden rationale for
> the policies upon which the TS operates today.  That is why the
> TS had been stuck for the last sixty years. . .

The same holds true for the LCC.  They still cling to the glory
years of CWL and have extreme difficulty in changing anything
that he set down way back then.  Also, the ruling bishops
are over 65, who having lived with things the way they are for so
long, can't even imagine it being any other way.

-AEB