Re: Simple Language - Low Fog Index

Jan 26, 1997 06:45 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: Dr. A.M.Bain <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk>
>
> In message <199701261803.NAA29634@newman.concentric.net>, "Ann E.
> Bermingham" <safron@concentric.net> writes
> >BTW, thanks again, Doss, for posting the article on TS in 1925.
> >I've been a member of the LCC since 1971 and never heard of
> >this history.  But, perhaps, they never really wanted most people
> >to hear about it.  It's pretty hairy stuff that reads like a fantasy
> >to me - yet I wonder what percentage of it may possibly be
> >true.
>
> 100%

I was bit unclear in my post. I meant whether any of the claims
to arhat, initiate or contact with the Masters/Lord Christ were valid.
Those are things that I imagine are QUITE hard to prove.

Actually, I believe someone with those kind of upper-level contacts
probably is working their tail off and not spending the time
making goofy announcements to the world.

I can see it now.  "I'm an arhat," says Sam to someone he's met on the bus.

That person turns to him and says, "Is that a new basketball team or what?"

-AEB