Re: The condition of TS in 1925 (Part 1 of 3)

Jan 26, 1997 11:14 AM
by M K Ramadoss

At 01:49 PM 1/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Doss,
>Thanks for posting this stuff.  I once wrote that 1925 was the year the TS
>went berserk and for those lucky enough to have access to them, they should
>look at the Adyar Theosophist issues for that year.
>
>The one incident that always strikes me was at the Star camp at Ommen when
>Rukmini got up and said that she spoke as an Arhat--and nobody laughed at
>her!  The mass of imbeciles and assorted morons that seemed to make up the
>bulk of membership at that time must have believed her, otherwise how could
>they have tolerated such a ridiculous statement?
>
>The year 1925 was the point where behavior deserving only of ridicule was
>treated with reverence.   Gad!  I wish I had been there!
>
>Chuck the Heretic

Chuck:

It took me a very long time to find out some of the things that took place
in 1925. Usually if you ask someone in TS (especially anyone who was/is part
of the administration) about these matters, either you will not get a
response or you will be told what does it matter to *you*.

IMHO it is very important that we plant our foot on the ground and look and
follow the Truth, whatever it may be, rather than follow some personality or
be led by the nose by someone. The latter is childish and let us grow up and
stand on our own feet. Also the latter is easy and has built in potential
for exploitation by the personality or leader.

It is also stated in Wood's book, that after a year after closing of the ES,
Leadbeater and several others went to AB and requested her to reopen ES
because the members could not self police themselves and had to be told what
to do and policed. Then she reopened it. I do not know where TS would be
today if she did not reopen it.

MKR