Re: The condition of TS in 1925 (Part 1 of 3)

Jan 26, 1997 10:43 AM
by Drpsionic

Doss,
Thanks for posting this stuff.  I once wrote that 1925 was the year the TS
went berserk and for those lucky enough to have access to them, they should
look at the Adyar Theosophist issues for that year.

The one incident that always strikes me was at the Star camp at Ommen when
Rukmini got up and said that she spoke as an Arhat--and nobody laughed at
her!  The mass of imbeciles and assorted morons that seemed to make up the
bulk of membership at that time must have believed her, otherwise how could
they have tolerated such a ridiculous statement?

The year 1925 was the point where behavior deserving only of ridicule was
treated with reverence.   Gad!  I wish I had been there!

Chuck the Heretic