Re: Intuition and thinking (to Chuck)

Jan 25, 1997 11:30 AM
by Drpsionic

Jerry,
I think letting Ken Wilber out of his padded cell was one of the greatest
mistakes the TS ever made.  The man is the very definition of vacuous but he
hides it behind so many words that the poor fools who read his junk actually
think he's saying something.
On top of that, he's a bore!
My objection to the TS science-chasing is that science is constantly changing
and what was considered ultimate scientific truth in one period becomes
something to make jokes about in classrooms twenty years later.  This puts
the TS in the position of thinking something has been proven only to have it
unproven later to the TS great and lasting embarrassment.
I never read anything Quest books publish.  If they went to half the trouble
to find good authors that they do in making pretty covers they might actually
come up with something worth the trouble of reading.
On the other hand, trying to put a path of devotion into the TS would be a
equal disaster.  That's how the Krishnamurti debacle started in the first
place.  What worries me is that there seems to be a rule that anything the TS
gets into gets taken to an extreme and it is incapable of finding moderation
anywhere, so when it gets intellectual it goes off on one wild ride and then
when it tries to correct that it goes flying off into angel-land.

Chuck the Heretic