Re: THEOS-L digest 820

Jan 14, 1997 07:50 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Lmhem111@aol.com wrote:

> JRC, you make a fine defense for Bing. I agree with the merits of your
> argument that the TSA did him a terrible injustice for which someday it will
> reap the Karmic consequences. HQ claimed he was not qualified for the office
> of president yet he was the National President of the Phillipine Section at
> one time. I hope an object history of the TS will one day be written which
> will include that whole unsavory episode about Bing.

	BTW, I would like to see someone produce the letter that John Algeo
supposedly wrote to the membership telling them not to vote for Bing; it
is entirely fictional. The only letter that went out was that the office
of National Speaker was being eliminated, and replaced by several,
non-salaried national speakers, and that Bing was getting several months
salary as severance.

	Secondarily, if the rule about having to serve on the Board of
Directors to run for President was to keep Bing from running, then why
was Bing specifically excepted from the rule, so that he could run
against Dorothy?

	Bart Lidofsky