Adam & Eve Revisited

Jan 02, 1997 12:31 PM
by Mark Kusek

Bart wrote:

>Note that "original sin" is a Christian, not a Jewish concept. In
>Judaism, the general belief is that the tree of knowledge had no special
>powers; it taught Adam and Eve that it was physically possible to
>disobey the word of God. God then made them partners in creation (read
>the curses as blessings: By the sweat of your brow, YOU SHALL EAT BREAD.
>In pain YOU WILL BEAR CHILDREN).

Agreed. I should have specified the Christian viewpoint when prefacing
my comments.

>Now, think of it as a theosophical allegory, with the serpent as the
>4th root race, handing its monads over to the 5th root race, who, in the
>process, become sentient (knowing that they will die).

>From S.D. Vol 2, pg.410 - "The Curse" from a Philosophical point of

"When understood, the third chapter of Genesis will be found to refer to
the Adam and Eve of the closing third (Lemurian) and the commencing
Fourth (Atlantean) Races." (my parenthesis)

---

I'll cite also "The Solar System" by A.E. Powell as a good synopsis of
Fourth Round/Early Root Race events, largely drawn from
Besant/Leadbeater sources (whatever that might be worth). A good combing
of the Secret Doctrine and other TS authors (like Scott-Elliot) can
support much of the timetable.

The diagram on page 201 of "The Solar System" is particularly thought
provoking in regards to the sequence of supposed Lemurian events.

These happenings, said by Theosophy to occur prior to or over the course
of Lemurian times shed light on the early Genesis chapters and open ripe
discussions on topics like: the creation and fall of man, the wars and
rebellions in heaven, the fall of angels, the separation of the sexes,
(and drifting into Atlantean epochs) the presence of giants, nefilim and
gibborim, the stories in the book of Enoch, the wars of the sons of
light and darkness, the esoteric histories of the children of Cain, Abel
and Seth, etc. (The whole Judeo-Christian mythos).

_______________

A Theosophical tidbit concerning the topic of "Lilith":

>From S.D. Vol 2 pgs 282-285:

"The early Atlanto-Lemurians are charged with taking unto themselves
(divine incarnations) wives of a lower race, namely, the race of
hitherto mindless men ..."

<and snip>

"But with the Fourth Race (atlantean) we reach the purely human period.
Those who were human only in appearance, became physiologically changed
and took unto themselves wives who were entirely human and fair to look
at, but in whom lower, more material, though sidereal, beings had
incarnated. These being in female forms (Lilith is the prototype of
these in the Jewish traditions) are called in the esoteric accounts
"Khado" (Dakini, in Sanskrit). Allegorical legends call the chief of
these Liliths, Sangye Khado (Buddha Dakini, in Sanskrit); all are
credited with the art of "walking in the air" and the greatest kindness
to mortals; but no mind - only animal instinct"

(i.e. there were "mindless" human beings around during early
Atlanto-Lemurian times)-MK

S.D. Footnote:
These are the beings whose legendary existance has served as a
ground-work upon which to build the rabbinical Lilith, and what the
believers in the Bible would term the antediluvian woman, and the
Kabalists the pre-Adamite races. They are no fiction - this is certain,
however fantastic the exhuberance of later growth.

____

Question:
Might this Lilith story have different aspects that relate it to:

1) the creation of Elohim (The Kabalistic Adam Kadmon, created in the
image of God, male and female), or the true androgyne nature of our
higher
principles? (This aspect can also take on the psychological/Jungian
Anima-Animus
twist so aptly put recently by Murray.)

2) obscure events that are said to have occured in the fourth sub-race
of the Lemurian root race (the supposed theosophical history angle) as
different classes of reawakening egos, among them those from Globes A,
B and C of the Moon chain incarnated into the earth. In particular those
egos of the orange type from Globe A that "refused the (androgynous or
hermaphroditic) bodies offered to them" out of sheer pride and in
conseqence
gave them up (see The Solar System pg 207-211).

(re: Lilith saying "no way" and then flying off for a while)-MK

These bodies were soon seized by other entities just emerging from the
animal kingdom. These primitive emergent humans mated with "huge
she-animals" (I guess a hermaphrodite can do that?) and begat dumb races
of "crooked red-haired monsters". They have been known in theosophy as
those who committed the "sin of the mindless", although they are not
held guilty for it. (Note: this is mid-Lemurian, pre-separation of the
sexes and before the coming of the Manasaputtras or the impartation of
the spark of mind - which I equate with the temptation story, Eve's
apple and the expulsion).

(The angels sent by God to talk to Lilith found "her" by the sea having
lots
of sex with bottom-loving demons. In some traditions Lilith even takes a
break from all the fun to show up as the tempting Serpent in the Garden.
Michelangelo's depiction comes to mind)-MK

Question: Were the angels trying to get Lilith to go back by force and
just
submit or was there an equitable solution offered? In other words was
the
Father/Mother God going to be hip and fair minded about the
misunderstanding
(after all, they were both "mindless" at the time, according to TS
history)
or was patriarchal Jehovah just going to have "her" dragged back, shut
up and take it? It seems to me that the whole thing could have been
sorted
out pretty easily, no?

3) the renewal of the "sin of the mindless" (particularly it's emphasis
on sex with extant "demons" and the further procreation of
"demon-monsters") that theosophy says was to have occured in the much
later post-expulsion/pre-deluge fourth or atlantean root race time.

(This could account for the period in the Lilith story where she's off
partying with those sexy demons again, and then later even doing it with
the expelled Adam and most all of his sons. Don't forget, these are
Enochian/Atlantean times, when all sorts of sexual debauchery and
black-magicky
things were supposed to be going on)

I'm just speculating,
but it sorta makes theosophical-type sense - What do you folks think?

Xena, we need Xena!
______

P.S. There are several "Lilith" sites on the net worth a look. Here are
two of my favorites:

Lilith
http://ccat.sas.upenn.edu/~humm/Topics/Lilith/

The Lilith Shrine
http://www.cjnetworks.com/~lilitu/lilith/

It's interesting to note that the chief source text for the "popular"
(if you can call it that) story of Lilith is a later medieval work
called "The Alphabet of Ben Sira". A citique of this source text is
available at:

http://www.ucalgary.ca/~elsegal/Shokel/950206_Lilith.html

Best wishes for the New Year,