law of karma

Jan 01, 1997 12:51 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

I haven't been following the discussion about Karma too closely, because we
had a very good & lengthy discussion about it, perhaps a year ago. It must
be in the archives. I'd like to protest a bit here. Titus you make 2
statements I don't agree with & I hope you don't mind, if I tell you what I
believe.

You talk about taking on another person's Karma. That's hardly ever done.
You can show someone else the way, and try to get them to see what to you is
the right way, but if they don't want to accept what you think they should,
there's no way you're going to get them to do it. True, parents sacrifice
for their kids, to smoothen the way for them, but like you can skimp & save
to be able to send your kid to college, but if (s)he doesns't want to go, or
if (s)he goes, and decides to waste a lot of time going to parties, there's
nothing you can do about it. That is you can't make them study. You can only
take them out of school. Even a healer can only apply whatever knowledge
(s)he has to the healee. The healee has to do the healing. That often works,
but sometimes it doesn't.

I also don't agree that there's a certain amount of pain built into this
world. That's a theoretical belief, which stems from the Buddhist belief
that there is no such thing as sin, only human beings who err, & don't as
yet know how to do it any better. That's what causes the detrimental kind of
Karma, and pain. I think pain comes when we don't know how to do something,
and I think that eventually we'll be so familiar with the way the universe
works that we won't call forth any pain from it. I'm not sure that the
Masters experienced pain anymore, or if they did, they knew how to deflect
it so it didn't matter. I think very advanced human beings don't hurt.

Liesel