Re: Do you feel the solstice coming?

Dec 19, 1996 06:06 PM
by kymsmith

Paul wrote:

>Something inside
>just sorta shrivels up, and I go into "just get through it
>somehow" mode.

>So, some questions to people on the lists I'm addressing:

>1.  Does this ring a bell with you?  How?

Ring a bell?  How Christmasie.  Yeah, the "just get through it somehow"
statement rings a bell.  Christmas seems to be a time, like no other, to
recognize just how pitifully lonely you are OR that most of the people who
share your life are really just plain weirdos.

>2.  Do those of you down under have the same thing in June?

Does not apply.

>3.  Any literary references that address this phenomenon come
>to mind?

Well, I don't know if you'll accept this as a literary reference, but, I
just received a Christmas card signed "Up yours."

Kym