Re: Eldon's example

Dec 14, 1996 05:23 PM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

JRC
>HQ has for some time gotten away with an enormous number of
>things that are, IMO, quite corrupt, because they had almost
>complete control over the means of discussion among the
>membership. On this list they do not, but the intensity of
>dissent voiced here is not a negative quality of the list, but
>rather a symptom of deep dissent within the Society that has no
>other outlet - and any thought that anyone should restrain the
>tone or content of their dissent on this list makes me very
>uncomfortable - as its the only place where dissent can even
>speak. And that is directly due to the actions of HQ.

JHE
If your view expresses anything near a consensus of opinion on
theos-l, this board has the potential of becoming a significant
balance to the Wheaton oligarchy.  I hope it is.

I would like to add that the censorship within the Adyar
(Wheaton) TS goes further than controlling National elections and
now Lodge assets.  The Organization's control over the
publications that you mentioned also has a lot to do with what we
*think* we know about the history of the TS and the ideas it
promulgated.  I submit that we need to recognize the possibility
that we have been lied to on every level, from history to
organizational details to doctrine to past and present political
decisions.  I also submit that every lie has an effect on every
other, building a web so complex that all becomes obscured in
confusion.

Therefore, I'm also in favor of the dissent, but lets focus these
controversies to trying to figure out what is going on.  Every
person has a unique point of view and each of us holds a piece of
the puzzle.

   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |