Re: United States thing

Dec 14, 1996 02:28 AM
by Tom Robertson

At 09:43 AM 12/14/96 +0000, Kym wrote:

>>>Why did you put quotes around "United?"
>>
>>Since it could not have been to emphasize how it relates to cooperation, I
>>forget.
>>

>>>Please keep in mind, with your obvious patriotic zeal, that there are others
>>>on  this list who are not in or from America.  Just a little somethin' to
>>>think about. . .
>>
>>I had no idea there _was_ any other country besides the United States.  When
>>did this happen and why was it allowed?
>
>Is this an attempt at humor?

No, it was a _successful_ attempt, obviously.

>Is there really a 'real person' behind these
>"Tom Robertson" posts?

No.  Official Theosophical doctrine says that personality is an illusion.
Especially mine.

>Or is this simply another bedlamite ranting, another
>'tommy turd' I may step in lest I skimp on diligence?

As hard as I tried, I did not understand this sentence.  Are you calling me
a turd?

>What do I do?  What
>approach do I take?

First of all, you should thank me for being such a spiritual ally to you
that I have given you such a rare opportunity for growth in tolerance,
patience, and compassion.

>The Theosophical thing to do would be to give him the
>benefit of the doubt. . .

There is still doubt?

>but I'm not sure I'm a Theosophist. . .so that
>isn't going to help me.

My only comment to that is that I have no comment.

>Man, I hate these moral dilemmas.  Should I look
>upon him as friend rather than foe?

Could I ever make you laugh enough to look past my sexism?

>Should I recognize him as a brother. . .

You would probably rather be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen, where
you OUGHT to be.

>Whoa!  Jump back there girl!  Get a grip!  You almost had me there, Tombo.
>That was close. . .

That was cruel to get my hopes up like that.  But I'll keep trying.  Will
you marry me?