Re: Who's on top?

Dec 09, 1996 08:51 AM
by John Straughn

>>In some cases, this (strive for balance) is true.  However, in most that
>>I've encountered, women have realized this control that they have over men,
>>and they use it to their full advantage.  Just IMO.  So, in actuality,
>>society is going from one extreme to the other.  Either that or it has
>>always been this way.  In fact, I often wonder if, for all these years,
>>women have simply allowed men to believe that they are superior, by
>>protesting chauvenism etc., where, behind the scenes, the women have more
>>control than they know what to do with.  Men are pawns.  Men are kings.
>>Men are bishops.  But the woman, the queen, is the most powerful piece on
>>the board. (obvious allegory).  The woman protects the man for the man is
>>weak, and may only move one space at a time.  The knights, bishops, and
>>pawns aren't there to protect the king, they are there to make way for the
>>queen.  Make way for the kill.  For ages, the woman has been considered the
>>manipulator, the protector, the power.  The man is simply the figurehead.
>IMHO, of course.
>
>I repeat:
>
>What disturbs me the most, especially since I've been on this discussion
>list, is that those who declare they are (and indeed seem to be)
>intelligent, and aware that we all come from the same source, and know that
>things are rarely as they seem, still hold on to these harmful prejudices.
>And they have the sagacity to mask these thoughts in honeyed, complex
>language, sometimes even calling forth the 'divine wisdom' as ally, and in
>doing so, can also skillfully evade direct accusations.  I see it in your
>posts and I've seen it in others.
>
>The question is not "Is it ignorance?" but "Is it willful ignorance?"
>

>Kym

I honestly don't know where you are coming from.  You say that you find
ignorance in my posts, yet you do not point out where the ignorance reveals
itself.  You also say that I call forth divine wisdom as an ally.  I don't
believe I have ever done that.  I am searching for divine wisdom, not using
it.  Perhaps you thought that my allegory was inadequate?  Or maybe
inappropriate?  You say that I hold harmful prejudices.  I clearly states that
in some cases women and men strive for balance and equality. I also stated
that in MY experience the allegory stood true.  My point was that we are the
same source (not simply FROM it, as you have stated), and that, in my
experience, most have not realized this and feel the need to overpower and
control.  Either physically, or emotionally, by demeaning or discrediting
others because their opinions differ.

---
The Triaist