Matriarchal Theosophy

Dec 07, 1996 08:19 PM
by Tom Robertson

>In message <32A877A7.1BD7@gnp.com>, April Joy <aclanton@corp.gnp.com>
>writes
>>Men will accuse a woman of cheating but if you really look into it
>>usually the man was cheating and then accused the woman of it out to
>>make the woman the guilty party.

[etc... snipped]

"Dr. A.M.Bain" <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>A brilliant post!  I trust everyone will forgive me for repeating some
>of it!  I hope April will join us in Theosophy International, where
>truth is free and equal for all, and no one can dominate anyone.

I find it interesting how a man can write an article saying that he believes
that men and women are basically equal and then mentions one way in which he
believes men are superior, and that a woman can write an article in response
saying that men and women are basically equal, and then mentions 23 ways
that she considers women to be superior, and the same man, responding to
both, can call the male author a "sexist bastard" and call the post of the
female author "brilliant."  Maybe the name of this list should be renamed
"Crusading for Feminism."  It is my understanding of Theosophy that it
considers balance, not matriarchy, to be the ideal.