Re: THEOS-L digest 746

Dec 03, 1996 11:23 PM
by kymsmith

Bart wrote:

>I would call it "discrimination based solely on gender", myself.

Can exploitation and domination be expressed with the word discrimination?
Are they not different acts/behaviors?  Is sexism only discrimination?  Your
definition is certainly correct, but I think it to be incomplete.

>Note,
>however, that the term "Webster's Dictionary" is in the public domain;
>ANYBODY can publish a dictionary, and call it "Webster's Dictionary".
>The dictionary most people think of when they say "Webster's Dictionary"
>is actually MERRIEM-Webster's Dictionary. Other good ones are American
>Heritage, Random House, and, of course Oxford. Which one did you use?

Does "Webster's New Twentieth Century Dictionary, Unabridged, Simon and
Schuster" pass muster?

Kym