Re: THEOS-L digest 744

Dec 01, 1996 04:08 PM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: Tom Robertson <mdmgyn@worldnet.att.net>
> To: theos-l@vnet.net
> Subject: Sexism and Comparisons
> In fact, one of the many differences is that men think more
> generally than women, so that women are more likely to see sexism in
> generalizations that they are not willing to make.  Since I agree that
men
> are more logical than women and that women are more emotional than men,
in
> no sense do I consider these contentions to be sexist.

Your comments prompted me to contribute another thought.

Anyone who does astrological charts will tell you that the general
psychological make-up of that person can be viewed in the natal chart.
There may be indications of logic or emotionality in the signs of the
planets
and where the planets are placed in the houses.  These qualities are
there at the moment of birth and present in one's lifetime and perhaps
modified as one's life unfolds.  If one were looking for evidences of
mental, spiritual or emotional attitudes in the personality, this is where
one would get the goods, rather than in the overall blanket of viewing
people by their sex, race,creed, etc.

The idea that came to me from this post was that those personality
qualities present at birth are then masked by a female or male
template.  My guess is that the characteristics may very well
sometimes override or be stronger than the usual male/female tendencies,
creating quite a more complicated situation.

In short, I have known men who had hearts made of marshmallow
and women who would lead a line of marines into battle.

We are all deeper than our skin and the parts thereof.  If you
really want to look beyond the mask, look to the chart.

-Ann E. Bermingham