Re: Blavatsky's frauds, the Hoax of the Mahatma Letters and the Myth of the Masters

Nov 07, 1996 07:00 PM
by Bart Lidofsky

Dr. A.M.Bain wrote:

> Personally, I would not be over-perturbed if it were established that
> HPB wrote them all herself, as I believe some claim is the case.  The
> content of the letters is certainly of some worthwhile value whoever
> wrote them, and in the end, it is the message that counts, rather than
> the messenger.

	Whether or not they were written by adepts, I, for one, would be
extremely surprised if Blavatsky wrote the Mahatma Letters. There were a
set of Victorian era prejudices in Blavatsky's writings which were
noticebly absent in the Mahatma letters (and prejudices in them that
were absent in Blavatsky's writings). As I believe that Blavatsky was
unaware of these prejudices, I can't see how she could have kept them
out of the Mahatma Letters.

	Bart Lidofsky