Re: One Thought

Oct 17, 1996 05:26 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

----------
> From: Dr. A.M.Bain <guru@nellie2.demon.co.uk>
> Not such a final thought, surely, Ann?  It seems to me that while you
> are properly addressing the larger issue of which gender language is but
> a part, there is much work to do, especially in keeping the issue(s) to
> the fore.  The TSA web page (for example) ackowledges little else except
> its own activites, and is well covered in $ signs.  All the
> contributions that we TI folk make come free, and usually at the
> contributors' expense.
>
> That, I believe, is the future.  We are going to have to work hard for
> it though ... yes?

I would certainly hope so.  But speaking of the TSA web page, they spent
somewhere in the neighborhood of $1500 to have that thing designed and I
think they got ripped off.  Who wanted that icky aquamarine background that
makes the page hard to read?  Miles and miles of teeny tiny type.  There
are home pages out there that are better designed.

I may sound as critical as Chuckie the Babe here, but that's my opinion.

-Ann E. Bermingham