Re: spiritual discrimination

Oct 12, 1996 06:51 PM
by m.k. ramadoss

On Sat, 12 Oct 1996, liesel f. deutsch wrote:

> >. That the goal of all teaching given in the REAL esoteric schools is TO
> >   PUT MAN CONSCIOUSLY IN TOUCH WITH HIS OWN SOUL AND NOT WITH THE MASTER."
> >
> >Max
> >

> Thank you, Max, for saying that. In my inmost mind I was never too keen
> about becoming a chela, & serve the Masters. But rather, I thought that my
> more important goal would be that I be of service to mankind. Since
> Theosophy says "Serve the Masters", I thought there was something wrong with
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> me, and I blamed my not being very eager to serve any Masters on the fact
> that I didn't think much of my own father. Thank you, Max. You helped me get
> rid of a silly hangup. There's really nothing wrong, I think, but for me
> there is everything right with wanting to be a Bodhisattva -in -the -becoming.
>
> Liesel

Dear Liesel:

>From what I have understood about Theosophy, it is my understand that the
life blood of Theosophy is to make all of us concerned about the well
being of our fellow beings. The task of helping our fellow beings is so
important and urgent in the world that Those who have gone far ahead of
us in understanding welcome any one of us who can give whatever help we
can in this direction. It is also my understanding that They are not
looking for peons to serve them. In the world of today when there is so
much pain and suffering is there, much can be achieved by energetic,
enterprising self motivated self starters. When the "peonic" model is put
forward by anyone, there follows all the counter productive consequences
such as control over the thought and actions of other by those who claim
to have close contact or direct connection with Those who are far ahead
of us. No one needs an unnecessary intermediary. I believe Lord Buddha
said this.

MK Ramadoss