Re: spiritual discrimination

Oct 11, 1996 08:34 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

stated that

> > > I would like to know where this particular statement by Master DK can
be
> > > found.
> >
> > "Esoteric Psychology II" p.484
"Again, schools of esotericists, theosophists and rosicrucians
(particularly in their inner schools) have also their own forms of this
illusion of guidance. It is of a different nature to the two dealt above,
but the results are nevertheless of much the same quality and reduce the
student to a condition of being guided, often of being directed by
illlusionary voices.  Frequently the heads of the organization claim to be
in direct communicatins with a Master or the entire Hierarchy of Masters,
from Whom orders comes.  These orders are passed on to the rank and file of
membership of the organisation and prompt unquestioning obedience is
expected from them...."

And Whoever is writing this book goes on to say that the real work is to
put an indivdual in touch with his soul, under which he would be
self-guided.  Some of the above seems to describe the beginning of many a
cult or group with cult leanings.  However, I do not see CWL's name
actually mentioned, although I'm sure many who know his history would
suspect that the above description could apply to him.  The name of the
game turned from "truth" to "control".

> > "Esoteric Healing" p.403 and 404
"The occultists of the world, through the theosophical societies and other
occult bodies, so-called, have greatly damaged the presentation of the
truth anent reincarnation through the unnecessary, unimportant, inaccurate
and purely speculative details which they give out as truths anent the
processes of death and the circumstances of man after death.  These details
are largely dependent upon the clairvoyant vision of astral psychics of
prominence in the Theosophical Society.  Yet in the Scriptures of the world
these details are not given, and HPB in The secret Doctrine gave none.   An
instance of this inaccurate and foolish attempt to throw light upon the
theory of rebirth can be seen in the time limits imposed upon departed
human souls between incarnations on the physical plane and the reurn to
physical rebirth - so many years of absence are proclaimed, dependent upon
the age of the departed soul and its place upon the ladder of evolution.
If, we are told, the soul is very advanced, absence from the physcial plane
is prolonged whereas the reverse is the case.  Advanced souls and those
whose intellectual capacity is rapidly developing come back with great
rapidity, owing to their sensitive response to the pull of obligations,
interests and responsibilites already established upon the physical plane.
People are apt to forget that time is the sequence of events and of states
of consciousness as registered by the physcial brain.  Where no physical
brain exists, what humanity understands by time is nonexistent.  The
removal of the barriers of the form, stage by stage, brings an increasing
realisation of the Eternal Now.  In the case of those who have passed
through the door of death and who still continue to think in terms of time,
it is due to glamour and to the persistence of a powerful thoughtform.  It
indicates polarisation upon the astral plan; this is the plane upon which
leading Theosophical writers and psychics have worked, and upon which they
have based their writings.  They are quite sincere in what they say, but
omit to recognize the illusory nature of all findings based on astral
clairvoyance.  The recognition of a pronounced time factor, and the
constant emphasis laid upon timing, are characteristic of all highly
developed people in incarnation and of those who lower, concrete minds are
powerful in calibre.  Children and child-races on the one hand, and those
highly advance people whose abstract minds are functioning  through the
medium of the interpretive lower mind, usually have no sense of time.  The
initiate uses the time factor in his relations and his dealing with those
living upon the physical plane, but is detached within himself from all
recgonition of it elsewhere in the universe."

Well, well, well!

I want to thank you, Max, for bringing these quotes to my attention.  You
must have a fantastic memory to remember where they are in those many blue
books.  I would also thank you for showing me a very glaring reason why
there is a rift between the TS and the Bailey Group.

-Ann E Bermngham