Re: To Know, to Dare, to Do, and to be Silent

Oct 08, 1996 04:14 PM
by Maurice de Montaine

On  7 Oct 96 at 21:32, Drpsionic@aol.com wrote:

> Maurice,
> How do we know the Masters were telling the truth?
>
> Chuck the Heretic
>
> Supreme Panarch of the Church of the New Mystery
> Sky Marshall of the Universe

     It speaks for itself, Chuck. Besides, my brother, although I
appreciate good humour I'm really not into this modern proclivity of
indulging in superficial nonsense. Taking this type of reasoning to
its logical conclusion we could just as well ask the following
question: how can we be sure that we are alive or is it just a cruel
joke? Yet another irrationality which I've heard from philosophy
students: if God were all-powerful He should be able to create
something that He couldn't lift.

     Well, in the final analysis, my friend, both these examples are
contradictory. Anyway, going round in circles has never appealed to
me. Blind faith is one thing, Chucky babe, while active and
intelligent faith born from a real knowledge and understanding is
quite another.

     Some of our contemporary approaches rather remind me of the same
leanings of many in times gone by. In this respect alone, it's really
nothing new. So, when all is said and done, dear seeker after Truth,
each one has to work it out for themselves whether the Masters told
and are telling the truth. Look at both what it is to be a genuine
Master (in contradistinction to master with a lower case m, as in a
master of letters or a master of painting) and what is actually being
presented in the teachings brought forth by them. As far as I'm
concerned, I know they were and they are telling the truth.

     A hint shall suffice for the eager and perceptive student to
realise. Instead of utilising the lower mind to debase the noble and
true with intentional irrationalities of human leanings, dear
humanity, learn rather to go up higher and know therefrom a clarity
of perception unknown to the muddied lens of the carnal mind. Indeed,
to perceive Truth directly. Fill thy works with the nobility of the
higher rather than the baseness of human dribble.

     By the bye, where do you propose we chuck the heretic? Are we
back in the days of the Inquisition?

Fraternally

Maurice
* Maurice de Montaine                                                     *
* E-mail: mauriced@hba.trumpet.com.au    Postal Address:   PO Box 205     *
* Ph/Fax: Nat. (03) 6224 8105                              South Hobart   *
* Internat. +61 3 6224 8105                                Tasmania       *
*                         SALUTEM PUNCTIS TRIANGULI!       Australia 7004 *
*                       MAGNA EST VERITAS ET PREVALEBIT                   *