Re: Spiritual discrimination

Oct 07, 1996 04:14 PM
by Drpsionic

Max,
The more I see of it, the more I am convinced that large hunks of the Ageless
Wisdom are really showing the cracks of age.  The idea of white and black
magick is the result of this weird victorian thing (which is not surprising
as the Founders were, after all, Victorians) which I would hope we could get
beyond.
In a universe where, when the sun goes nova, the just and the unjust will fry
alike, a universe where whole solar systems go swooshing down a black hole
taking all of their inhabitants with them, the primitive and childish notions
of justice and karma that make up an unfortunately large part of the
teachings simply do not hold and must be abandoned in favor of a more
realistic view of the way things work.
You are right, it is throwing a lot overboard, but it's mostly useless
baggage anyway.

Chuck the Heretic