Re: AC

Oct 06, 1996 02:58 AM
by Maurice de Montaine

On  5 Oct 96 at 16:51, Robert Word wrote:

> Did this happen in a previous incarnation, or after he was expelled
> from the Golden Dawn (A.O. jurisdiction) by Mathers in 1905? or at
> another time?  Kindly inform us, good Sir.

     In the same incarnation.

> Or was Crowley actually original here?

     He never was original.

> I beg to differ with you here, Monsieur Maurice.  These are
> technical terms in Tantric Hinduism; vamachara refers to Tantric
> ceremonies in which the 5 M's (including wine, which is widely used
> in other religions, such as Judaism) are literally partaken of.
> Dakshinachara refers to Tantric ceremonies in which substitutes
> (whether physical or meditative) for the 5 M's (kind of like
> Baptists using grape fruit juice instead of wine at communion) are
> used.  These terms definitely do not refer to the "right hand path"
> and "left hand path" in the theosophical sense that you are
> positing.  Ask any scholar of Tantric Hinduism.

     In the highest and most esoteric sense as distinct from the
perverted sense, my brother, that which I stated in respect to these
terms is correct.

> I believe that your statements are rather misleading here, Maurice.
> Crowley was given a clandestine (unrecognized) 33rd degree in
> Mexico. The regular Ancient and Accepted Rite in england never
> recognized this, and Crowley was never expelled.  Crowley ultimately
> joined a blue lodge in France, Anglo-Saxon Lodge, working under the
> Grand Lodge of France (this jurisiction of masonry was never
> recognized by the United Grand Lodge of England, and Crowley himself
> was never recognized as a Mason by the United Grand Lodge of
> England). However, Crowley was admitted to some High-Grade rites in
> England; he was made a 95th degree of the Ancient and Primitive Rite
> under John Yarker in England.  (John Yarker had made one HP
> Blavatsky also an adoptive member of this Rite.  Thus, in the
> Ancient and Primitive Rite, Aleister Crowley and Helena Blavatsky
> were Lodge Brother and Sister).

     There is no misleading information in that which I said anent
Crowley's Masonic affiliation. Since I possess a  photographic
facsimile of his Masonic diploma and the official letter of his
expulsion, I honestly wonder at where you are getting your
information. It is definitely the Ancient and Accepted Rite. If you
choose to disagree with his Masonic diploma and the official letter
from the Grand Secretary General of the Supreme Council 33rd Degree
of London, then that is entirely up to you. The letter of expulsion
includes that of Yarker as well.

* Maurice de Montaine                                                     *
* E-mail: mauriced@hba.trumpet.com.au    Postal Address:   PO Box 205     *
* Ph/Fax: Nat. (03) 6224 8105                              South Hobart   *
* Internat. +61 3 6224 8105                                Tasmania       *
*                         SALUTEM PUNCTIS TRIANGULI!       Australia 7004 *
*                       MAGNA EST VERITAS ET PREVALEBIT                   *