Re: ac

Oct 05, 1996 03:12 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199610050105.VAA20851@ultra1.dreamscape.com>, "liesel f.
deutsch" <liesel@dreamscape.com> writes
>Alan says he's against killing animals, and mentions belonging to 2
>organizations which further this. Then he ends with >Aren't I a goody
>two-shoes?>
>
>Dear Alan, when the day comes that a man need no longer feel he has to
>belittle himself because he helps protect animals, I think the millennium
>will have arrived.

.. hmmm. I put that in because there are a number of people who do
similar things who clearly think (excuse the pun) they are the cat's
whiskers, and very noble, etc., etc.  So I put myself down a little
partly to remind myself that I am not so holy, and to defend the cause
of animal welfare against those who oppose it by attacking its
supporters - for there is no way they can attack the work they do, nor
the compassion and genuine "brotherly" feeling they have towards the
animals without themselves appearing diminished.

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age:
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk, and from homepage above.