Re: Organizational Evolution

Oct 02, 1996 01:13 AM
by Bee Brown

At 08:10 PM 01/10/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Ann & Doss
>
>>The TS, when inaugurated in 1875, was designed on the basis of a formal
>>pyramidal organizational structure . . . <snip>
>>So from the needs of Theosophists, I am wondering whether the TS is going
>>to be a overtaken by Internet based communication and interaction. . . <snip>
>
>I have been "listening" to your chat on organisational evolution, and I had
>the impulse to "speak up" on this subject, because I had an insight on this
>many years ago, when I read the first biography on Krishnamurti "The Years
>of Awakening" by Mary Luthiens. During the climax of the process, the "body"
>of K reported a message (from the Great ones): "...The work that is being
>done is of gravest importance and exceedingly delicate. It is the first time
>that this experiment is being carried out in the world....." The experiment
>relates to Krishnamurtis (kundalini) "process", which as you may know went
>on all his life.
>
>The intuition was that there would be opened up an entirely new way of
>kundalini transformation, one that didn't depend on external guidance of an
>incarnated guru. I would have to depend on direct intuition and an extremely
>clear mystical awareness.
>
>In the past the piramidal or hirarchial structure of the esoteric
>instructions has always been unavoidable. This has involved that the real
>spiritual teachings and training have ALWAYS been given through an ever
>evolving hierarchy of guru-chela relationships. Seen from the top the master
>always chooses the chela according to his ability to understand and endure
>the lerning processes involved. This is a totally different system from
>networking, where all have more or less equal access to the teachings, and
>where each has to choose what he can digest. The former process is obviosly
>much quicker and more effective, but it requires a lot of evolved beings
>with a lot of time awailible.

I like your insightful way of expression. Perhaps this is the reason that so
many are seeking some sort of enlightenment in which ever way they see it.
All these 'guru' types could not get rich if people were not in the mood for
them. It probably will take time before many wake up to the fact that it all
lies within themselves and then have the courage to follow their own tune. I
had not thought of it in the way you have put it but it seems sensible.

>This points to the New Age idea, that there will be a mass production of
>initiates soon (which is rather daubtful in my mind), which would require a
>new way to handle things. Anyway I have been working along these lines for
>many years, both personally and in my humble attempt in  leading newcomers
>to the spiritual path. I am convinced that a clear intuitive understanding
>is absolutely neccessarl for this new way of self-enlightenment. On the
>esoteric path, the mystical experience has been the first neccessary stage
>of transfomation, since until the neophyte has "experienced" the Unity of
>All, the left hand path is wide open for him.

Intuitive understanding is the way it works for me. It is interesting to
read that GdeP says that it is really not 'me' that thinks and understands
but the higher self understands while the thinking is actually thought
energy that comes and goes through our lower mind and does not originate
within ourselves. It is the intuitive understanding that comes from 'on
high' that could constitute proper thinking. Like attracts like so it seems
that 'how' we are at heart is what attracts wandering thoughts within the
thought world to us and appears to originate within our mind.
Interesting to ponder on.

>On the hirarchial structure of the TS, it's a different matter. Olcott is
>said to have modelled the democratic structure of the TS after the
>Constitution of the United States, thus ensuring both full democracy and
>strong infrastructure. Some day, (when everyone has been initiated,) laws,
>rules and government will be unneccessary, but until then a strong
>democratic government seems to me to be the choice.

Democracy seems to mean many things to many people. I live in a democracy
but I see little evidence of it except my freedom to vote for equally
useless politicians :-(
In many organisations it is the person who has the time and inclination who
gets to run it not necessarily the most able one.

> This seems a good deposit to keep the discussion going until next time....
>

>With LOVE to you all.
>
>Einar from Iceland.
>Let's change the world,
>by each of us changing ourselves,