Re: THEOS-L digest 666 (poss. copy)

Sep 25, 1996 03:15 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960925161834_293078844@emout15.mail.aol.com>, RIhle@aol.com
writes
>Dare I reveal that
>one of the main reasons I became interested in Transcendental Meditation was
>that I liked the way the Maharishi always looked so smiley and benign? That I
>read the Secret Doctrine because HPB's eyes actually appeared capable of
>seeing Invisible Worlds?  Gurdjieff because of his mustache and Master-like
>presence?  Rudolf Steiner because of his pure, dispassionate countenance?
> Krishnamurti because of the inner strength and resoluteness which seemed to
>radiate through his slightness?

Of course you may dare - upon your own head be it!

>Is this something I shouldn't be admitting?   How do those seers get to be
>seers without practicing their seeing, then?

Admitting you are as human in your predilictions as "ordinary" folk is
sometimes frowned upon in the rarified atmosphere of theosophical
meetings.  Sure, lip service to such fallibility is often uttered, but
methinks it is oten the carrot in front of the donkey.

We donkeys must stick together.  Join TI.

The trouble with genuine seership is that things are likely to be seen
that people do not want to be told.  "To know, to will, to dare, and to
be silent."  Go for silence, it's the safest.  Anything else and the
*&%^%!!*  will do their best (or worst) to get you.

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html (Figure "one" after WWW)