Re: Hodson (Ex: Angels & Communication)

Sep 17, 1996 08:24 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960914174155_308459893@emout04.mail.aol.com>,
Drpsionic@aol.com writes
>So, for the benefit of those who may have forgotten, the scientific method is
>as follows:
>1.  Observe
>2.  Form an hypothesis based on the observation
>3.  TEST THE HYPOTHESIS (how one is to test visions of giant angels is beyond
>me)

There, as quoth the bard, is the rub.  One can apply this rule
subjectively for oneself, but there is no viable method of applying it
to someone else's experience.  Having done this for myself as best I
can, I find that the working hypotheses for various kinds of experience
change in direct proportion to the amount and type of experience, and
that and increasingly "neutral" vocabulary is necessary to avoid
doctrinal and similar associations.  Like Jesus doesn't come into it
anywhere ....

>4.  Formulate a theory based on the results of the test.

---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html (Figure "one" after WWW)