Consciousness

Aug 17, 1996 09:49 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

To Paul K:

The bottom line to your question is that if we could reproduce it in the
laboratory we would be gods (whatever gods are).  I have an account of
an OOBE somewhere which *might* throw some light on it - but of course
we cannot 100% verify anyone's OOBE by scientific method.  Amyhow, I
will try and find the item and post it to the list for your or anyone
else's interest, as something to ponder upon, perhaps.

Defining terms: "Consciousness is knowledge of being - I know *that* I
am, though I may not know *why* I am nor *how* I am."

As for "undifferentiated consciousness" - this seems to me to be
something of a contradiction in terms.  Does it know that it's
undifferentiated?  If so, how?

"The other day upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
 He wasn't there again today - I wish that he would go away."

Alan

In message <199608170233.VAA13244@main.com>, "Paul M.M. Kieniewicz"
<pmmkien@main.com> writes
>Richard Ihle writes, and others echo a similar view that,
>
>>And again, that fundamental premise, it seems to me, is that Undifferentiated
>>Consciousness comes FIRST.
>
>Do we know what we mean by that statement? Yes - you read it in Theosophical
>articles again and again. But what does it really mean? The idea that some
>"conscousness" whatever that is, incarnates or controls a body?
>
>How does it do this?
>
>How does an incorporeal mind control a corporeal entity? Through
>Psychokinesis? Does this happen on a microscopic level, like the mind
>controling atoms, and if so - why is this process so difficult to duplicate
>in the laboratory.  Has anyone thought much about this?
>
>Paul K.

---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html (Figure "one" after WWW)