genetics

Aug 09, 1996 03:48 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Very interesting, those Lysenko experiments. It shows that environment has
some sort of influence on the human being, and not only heredity. I wonder
for how many generations Lysenko conducted the experiments of getting
mutations because of a change in the environment. I think that if you put a
number of generations into the same environment, the change will become
permanent sooner or later, but I don't have any scientific proof of it.
Seems to me that if enough individuals feed the same change into the group
spirit this would have an influence.

Liesel